What is a Petrofictionary?
- A lexicon that provides its readers with a language to address contemporary petroculture.
Why make a Petrofictionary?
- To capture an incomplete snapshot of the study of petrofiction (literature that in some way deals with petroculture or was produced within petroculture; see petrofiction and petroculture below).
- To help frame the cultural/humanities-based study of oil as a multi-faceted entity central to modernity.
How should I use the Petrofictionary?
- Have a radically open mind.
- As much as possible, abandon western thought patterns.
- Assume that petroculture is ever-present, but do not let this paralyze you.
- Envision the alternatives to petroculture and take others’ ideas of possible alternatives seriously.